SQL Server database backup and restore is crucial and you can do it with the help of SqlBak. One of the popular questions is “Do I need SQL Server database backup and restore on the regular basis?”. The answer is “Absolutely yes! You need SQL Server database backup and restore on a regular basis.”
SQL Server Database Backup and Restore
There a lot of methods to make SQL Server database backup and restore, for example, use T-SQL Commands or use SQL Server Managment Studio (SSMS), but the easiest way, as it was mentioned above, is to use simple tool SqlBak. Let’s take a look, how to make SQL Server database backup and restore with the help of SqlBak.
SQL Server Database Backup
Follow these simple steps and create a backup job to backup your SQL Server automatically:
- After you have passed registration process go to your Dashboard page and press “Add new job” then select “Add backup job”.
- Check your computer name and SQL Server connection and go to “Select databases” menu, where you need to check off all databases which you are going to backup from the list.
- Now it is necessary to select a place where your backups will be stored. To do it press “Add backup destination” at the “Store backups in selected destinations” menu. In the opened window select a place, where you prefer to store your SQL Server database backups.
- Now it is time to create SQL Server database backup and restore plan. Press on “Schedule backup (full, diff, tran log)” and click “Show advanced backup schedule” then create your own backup schedule.
SQL Server Database Restore
Let’s find out how SQL Server Database backup and restore works and restore one of our SQL Server database backups:
- If you need to restore your SQL Server database backup go to your SqlBak Dashboard page. From this page, you can restore the last SQL Server database backup will it be a full, a differential or a transaction log backup. All you need is press the “Restore” button.
- If you need to restore another SQL Server database backup, then choose a backup job and in the right part of the window you will find the list of all your backups. Choose the one you need and press “Restore”.
- In “Restore” window you can find the backup which you are going to backup. Here you can choose where you want to restore your backup on your computer or on another computer.
- If you prefer to restore SQL Server database on your computer press “Restore”. If you would like to restore the backup on another computer,simply click “on another computer” link. In the opened window check the computer’s name and click “Restore” button.
- After the restore operation is finished, you will receive the following message:
That is all, as you can see, you can make SQL Server database backup and restore process very simple with the help of SqlBak